Mental Toughness – Get Unbeatable!

Journals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Hi, I’ve heard a lot about journals for helping with self improvement / continuous improvements. Any idea someone could tell me where I can find something to read that will help get me started with this. I’ve kept an exercise journal for over 12 years which is great for helping focus on regular workouts but it is only the exercise things not all the other things in the 5 mountains contained in Commander Divines book.

Thanks
    Geoff

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

Everyone is going to be different on this one. I’d just start journaling with a regular notebook and see if it works for you. Journal how you feel, what you did to be 1% better everyday in all 5 mountains of SEALFIT, goals, micro-goals to get to those goals, etc. I just picked up a new app called THINGS which I’m going to to start using for this very purpose.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks coach Dave

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I use Microsoft OneNote to organize my journal, goals, progress, etc. It’s great. Fitness logging I use endomondo and use hashtags to identify workouts. I use my fitness pal to track calories.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Kirk. I’ll check these out

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

to paraphrase Coach Dave, get something that works for you. The more it does, the more you’ll do it.

Personally I use a Moleskine (other brands are probably available) 18 month weekly notebook. For each week it has short daily section on the left, then a ruled paper for notes on the right.

Google ‘Robin Sharma How To Keep a Journal’ – there is a video and blog post which may be of interest if your new to it.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Great. Thanks James

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Googledocs has been quite useful, as well. If you’re comfortable placing your entries “in the cloud” it will give you a place to indefinitely access all your content, from almost anywhere, and make it all searchable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.