Kokoro Communication Center

Medical limitations for Kokoro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I have about half the lung capacity of a normal person my age (44). When I go I will be able to meet the minimum standards (still working on pull-ups). I’ve done a Super Spartan and I am signed up for a Savage Race and the Battle Frog.
    Would my lung condition preclude my participation in Kokoro?

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

Tough question that only you can answer. Can you make the minimum time for the mile as described in the Kokoro standards: 9:30 in boots and pants? Can you ruck with load for long distances and keep up? How fast can you run a 10k? When you sprint, how long does it take you to recover?

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

About a year ago I suffered a heart attack and had a stent put in to get the blood flow going again. Feeling good. Would this medical history disqualify me from Kokoro and/or the 2 day Sealfit academy?
    Best,
    Bill Stebbins

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

That is definitely a question to take up with your doctor. Make sure your Doc knows that you will be under continuous physical stress, awake for 3 days straight, and under elemental ( cold water) stress.

I hope you are doing great.

Coach Mel

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Hi Coach,

Is exercise induced asthma treated with an inhaler allowed for Kokoro (and 20x also)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.