Kokoro Communication Center

Kokoro Roll Call!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Adam Tonnos
    Participant

There is a PST listed on the Kokoro page on SealFit and there is mention of a Murph minimum requirement. What is the time requirement for a full Murph.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Yes weighted murph ( 20# vest) is 70 min.

Michael Griffin
    Participant

Signed up and preparing for Kokoro in October 2019.

This timeline gives me 15 months of preparation. I’m in my 40s and am taking this seriously to avoid injury and arrive as prepared as possible (in all regards).

I’d love to have a little guidance on how I should progress my running in terms of distance and pace between now and then.

Mike G.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Running with load and without is equally important. You can expect to ruck for many hours at a time… sometimes over 6 hours with over 30 lbs weight. As far as running goes, you will need to pass your PST mile run, plus do 2
    1 mile weighted runs during Murph. You want to try and keep those in the 11 min range. Running will happen through out camp maybe 5 miles or less at a time. I would practice running 5 miles while fatigued. Keep your pace at about a 9 min mile. I hope that helps.

Michael Griffin
    Participant

Excellent – thank you!

Lance Breeden
    Participant

I’M ALL IN!!! After an incredible Unbeatable Mind Summit, I am focused and ready to rock 2019! I signed up for Kokoro July 2019. I am excited to train, support, and work with you all. HOOYAH!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.