Kokoro Communication Center

Kokoro Roll Call!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Yes, You will want to intern a KOKORO camp after completing KOKORO yourself. The coaching path requires that you attend all academies, camps, and complete certifications.

Hooyah Jose! See you in August!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I plan on signing up for the kokoro in july or september depending on my work schedule.. Running is my weakest area.. So I bumped up my running to 10 miles per week and one Ruck per week @ 5k..
    I am doing two opwods and three master wods per week.. I take Two Recovery days per week. One is usually an active recovery day and the other is a day of rest. Is there anything else I should be doing??

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Sounds like you are on the right path Joe! I would start to get some 5-6 miles runs in now and shoot to complete a 1/2 marathon by June. Running needs to be in the forefront of your training from now on. Let me know what you run into.

Train hard!

Coach Mel

Katie Rodgers
    Participant

Good morning! I am signed up for Kokoro 46 and I’m super excited. As I plan logistics, etc., I was wondering if anyone who has experienced Kokoro had any issues with wearing contacts? I wear contacts and was concerned that with all the sand and water in the face, that I might need to get prescription sport glasses or something. Need to get on that and start training in glasses if so.

Thanks, y’all! Katie

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

You might also post this question on the SEALFIT Private Facebook forum. I have seen several folks come through with all sorts of different vision corrections. Many use contacts but they are often taken out and tossed in the middle. I have seen campers go through the camps half blind due to that scenario or the loss of glasses. I would bring glasses and ask your coaches to hold them when needed. Hooyah! Train hard

Todd Wellington
    Participant

I’m signed up for Kokoro 47. I was signed up for 43 last june but found out i had compartment syndrome and had to get that fixed. Looking forward to 47

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hooyah Todd!

David Brock
    Participant

I was able to change around my work schedule so I am now all in for Kokoro 46. I will be starting the “8 Weeks to Kokoro” program Monday March 6th. My question is will I need to add on additional running or will the recommended and correct amounts be built into that program to get us prepared?

Thanks,

David

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

HI, We do not have a coaching path at this time, what we have been doing is hand selecting people we want to work with and who have the experience and understanding we believe needed to be fit for a coach roll. This does require attending an academy, Kokoro and interning at least 2 Kokoro camps.

Thank you,

Coach Mel

Michael Wheeler
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am currently prep training for Kokoro and potentially a BUD/S slot if I can get an age waiver. Had to have ACL surgery in 2015 and am following the SEALFit workouts to get my strength back in my legs. I am starting to run and swim more (running 3-4 times per week), and I am also rucking a couple of times per week with between 20-30#.

Are there any particular exercises that may help my legs get stronger faster? I’ll post in the recovery forum also, so if I posted in the wrong forum I apologize.

Mike

Todd Wellington
    Participant

Prepping for Kokoro 47!

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I am sure you went through standard PT after your surgery? If not or maybe if so, It is important to do slow lighter lifts to build strength throughout the joint again. Eccentric movements are key. Lunges, squats, Deadlifts all important to rebuild. Agility training on your runs should be a part of your game, but take caution and make sure your warmed up for it but not tired out. I hope this helps, always seek a doctors advice before training.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hooyah!

Thomas Paresi
    Participant

Signed up for Kokoro 48. Live in Austin, TX.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hooyah Thomas! Make sure you can crush the standards and run 13 miles at a 9 min pace or better. This is no joke. We have a crew of people show up each time that can not do this and they fail immediately. This is the hardest training in the world. Ask anyone who has graduated.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.