Kokoro Communication Center

Kokoro Roll Call!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Planning on doing a Kokoro? Signed Up? Training? Post here!

HOOYAH!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I signed up for the Kokoro taking place in June. Just got off a 6 month deployment. Did not get a chance to run much. I feel fairly confident in the majority of my physical fitness areas with the exception of my running. With a month to go, I was planning on rucking twice a week and conducting a speed workout on the track on two separate days from my ruck runs. What metrics should I try and train to? I know the minimums required for Kokoro, but no one was ever given a SEAL slot by shooting for minimums. Should I be doing different or other training to better prepare for the runs?

David.

If you aren’t shooting for min standards and can exceed those. You should be in good shape for Kokoro.

Suggest you do run and ruck with load 2 – 3 times a week total. 25# ruck 5 -10 miles. Run 5 – 10 miles as well.

Durability comes in many forms.

Make sure you are eating well, bulk up a bit, stay hydrated etc.

We suggest you taper a bit a couple days before to ensure your body is ready.

HOOYAH!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I’m training for August kokoro and running 15 to 20 miles a week..mostly 5 miles a shot with 2 of the 5 miles on soft sand. About half the time in boots. I’m hoping it’s enough.

My big concern is completing MURPH in the allowed time with the weighted pack. I’m 45 and never served in the military. Any guess how far I should be rucking and with how much weight?

By the way..thank you for your service.

Ruck 5-7 Miles with 20 – 30#. 1 – 2 times a week on sand or rugged terrain with elevation changes.

As for MURPH, you know the standards. Keep working towards the goal.

Memorial Day is next week. Find a Crossfit Box doing Memorial Day Murph and get er done!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Rodger that.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Signed up for October. Following 8 weeks to SEALFit currently. The running with a weight vest is really improving my regular running.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I’m training for Kokoro this October, I’d like to know if one should keep their weighted runs to any particular distance like 2-3 miles? I’ve a 70.3 Iron Man this July and then a Tough Mudder in September to help prep for KoKoro. Besides the endurance training lately I do the SealFit Basic OpWOD’s Or Masters (I do scale some of the weight) and some SOF WODs or Grinder PT. I know I have to ruck more and will but I still feel like I may be missing out on some important training specific for Kokoro! Am I training enough? Thanks for any input!

Sounds like your training is on point. One bit of advice is to know what will be “tested” during Kokoro and be sure you can exceed the min standards.

Also attnetion to detail… Very important.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Coach, I’ll remember that, -attnetion to detail:) Anyone else going to KoKoro in October and want to trade notes and talk about it let me know!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I plan on the August Kokoro. If that falls through, October.

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

Kokoro 32 starts this Friday. Hoo-yah!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

One thing Coach Divine has talked about at length is the mental aspect of Kokoro Camp. Eventually, our bodies give out, what carries us through Kokoro and many other tough situations in life is the mental aspect. In this case, your “Why”, why are you doing Kokoro Camp. Make that strong and you will go right through it.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Hello from Barrio 12 Crossfit San Juan Puerto Rico, just signed for KOKORO August, for now just finishing touches for the CF Open but adding some sustain mix modal long WODs on weekends. Did a couple of 70.3 and 140.6 past but most important started 8 weeks to SEALFIT and next week will buy all the equipment needed for training so I can start as the open ends. Really exited and bless to have the opportunity to attend and learn!!

Hooyah!!!

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Would like to gain certification as a SEAL FIT coach eventually. Is the intern program gained by completing the KOKORO a path to this certification?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.