Kokoro Communication Center

Boots

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Boots – what type of boots do you recommend? The reviews I saw on the 5.11 RECON Urban Taclite Boot weren’t all that good. Any other suggestions?

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

I may have tried them all and by far the best are the Lalo brand. They are pricey but will last you! The 5.11 are my fav’s for cost, weight, and abuse. You can literally go hard in these the first day you get them. mine have cleaned up great in the mud bogs of socal and the high surf. I used them in KOKORO over 2.5 years ago! I think the Nike Boots are also great boots. the Bates are great if you are planning a military career as they take a few months to break in but last you a long long time.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Dear Coach, Was going to spend 280.00 on LALO amphibians. Are they worth the money? I’ve heard they are extremely comfortable and practical. Don’t know how long they last. Wanted to save them for KOKORO.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Yes the Lalo are some of the best and easy to break in. If they breakdown lalo will replace. They are really great at CS. Buy them at shop.navyseals@com

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

What size of boot do you recommend in comparison to your everyday shoes (considering socks and sock liners)? Also, would prefer a lighter version of boot as long as I don’t sacrifice durability. Is there a difference between the 5.11 Skyweight and the Urban Taclite in this regard? Thanks

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hmmm, Good question. I am going to have you email Michael = mlitardo@sealfit.comfor more boot info.

Thanks Joe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.