Kokoro Communication Center

Adjusting diet and using intermittent fasting while prepping for Kokoro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marco Rosa
    Participant

Hello everyone,

For the last 2 months I have been following an intermittent fasting regime and counting calories as the main tools for my diet.

While I was watching the intro videos, I hear CMDR Divine mentioning how important it is to eat after completing the WODs.

I workout at 3am, and my intermittent fasting won’t allow me to eat until 12pm. Is that going to cause problems or mess up the workouts?

Thanks in advance.
    Hooyah.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

HI Marco,
    It is super important to fuel after you train. You want to give your body a way to rebuild the damage you have done to the muscles and refuel/ replace the energy to your cells to support the other systems of your body. When your body repairs slightly torn muscles they become bigger and stronger. If you fast after training your body will look to cannibalize itself.. including the muscle to fuel the other systems of your body. I would highly recommend that you have a protein shake at the very least, after training.

Marco Rosa
    Participant

Hello Coach Mel,
    Thank you so much for the advice.
    I will try to re-engineer my eating and fasting schedule to properly fuel my body after working out.

Thanks again.

Hooyah!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.