WOD's

Forums Physical Training WOD's

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

OPWOD, Masters WOD. Onramp WOD, SFWOD

How would you describe the differences between these or the persona for which they have been designed?

What are your recommendations for each with regards to training days/week assuming WOD is the only training you are doing. I as this while recognizing this question is training goal/current foundation specific, however would you perform daily, 3 on 1 off….

If you don’t have a copy of 8 Weeks to SEALFIT, grab it, you can get it on iTunes, Amazon etc.

OPWOD = Operator or training to be an Operator, Kokoro Prep. Ideally you should not have to scale this workout, complete as prescribed. Never miss a workout, Monday – Saturday. GO HARD!

Masters WOD is scaled a bit for intensity purposes for those who aren’t 21 years old anymore…

Onramp WOD is a WOD to build you up to take on the Op WOD’s

SFWOD is more endurance and durability for Special Forces candidates.

All WODS have rest days, active recovery days etc built in. They work in cycles usually 4 week programs. So if you need to take a week off you can pick up at the beginning of a cycle.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

My copy of 8 Weeks to SEALFIT should be here tomorrow. Are all 4 WODs provided in the book?

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

8 Weeks to SEALFIT is structured a little differently than the site. In the book you will start with a baseline, work through 4 weeks of OnRamp and then you can go to Basic WODs (similar to MastersWODs) or roll into OPWODs.

You will also get great foundational information on SEALFIT philosophies. The chapter titles give you some hints – Embrace the Suck, Forging a Warrior Mindset, and Training isn’t ‘Working Out’.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

From the Book, did the pre-week twice, then did on-ramp for 4 weeks. What do you suggest – WOD, or follow the Basic in the book. I know I am not ready for AOT.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Ah! This is the information I was looking for regarding the differences among the various WOD’s. There is clarification here about the way to best approach the various WOD’s as a novice. Question: I have an older copy of 8 Weeks to Sealfit. Is the latest revision a major revision? Thank you.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

hi
    I’ve been following the SOF WOD; as it suits my style of training and I have access to limited equipment.
    What’s the best warm up ? I’ve been doing ROM drills and a quick 3-5 rd blast of body weight ex.
    Many thanks
    Jaime

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

paulhagen – You can go either way there – but I would do the Basic from the book in Appendix 2. You can then go into OPWOD if you feel ready, or integrate into OnRamp or MastersWODs on the site. Working into OPWOD as you are ready.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Is the idea to progress from SOF WOD
    To OPWOD ? I’m enjoying the SOF WOD. since discovering sealfit website my training has improved massively many thanks.

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

@JaiMe it depends on your goals. The SOFWOD is for special forces candidates and is predominately bodyweight exercises. It’s also a good onramp to the SEALFIT OPWODs. Hoo-yah!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.