Time Management

Forums Mobility and Recovery Time Management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

As an introduction, I will give you a layout of my weekly program. Monday through Friday I am taking full time university classes that are heavy science and math. Saturday and Sunday I have a physical labor job that takes roughly 20-24 hours of my time on Saturday and Sunday. I make sure to do 50 squats, 50 situps, 50 pushups, and some yoga in the morning. I try to do 2 sealfit Opwods a week, but I have noticed that my academic performance drops. So I have recently switched to 2 strength sessions (5×5) and 1 opwod a week. Although, I feel as I may be doing myself some harm.

My question is, what do you recommend I do. Should I cut back on exercise, include more, spread workouts throughout the day. At this point, I am pushing myself 7 days a week. I don’t want to wake up one day with a knee injury or something. Thanks in advance.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

What are your training goals? Are you working towards an event?

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

My goals are to become the best I can be in all four quadrants; all spheres of my existence. I love the Sealfit OpWods more than any other type of workout because they really break down barriers in the mind. They are transformative. I want to have the strength to march 25 miles with weight, get to a position, get in a firefight, pick something heavy up to carry it, and still feel great afterwards. I have broken plateaus in every facet of my life whilst following the 8 week program and the UM academy.

Now Coach Mel, I am a college student who has no familial support whatsoever. So the resources to make it to an event are impractical at the moment. So no, technically, I am not training to compete in an event at the moment. However, I am training to be able to perform at my peak at any time for a long time.

I hope this helps. Should I just grind on and take that week or two of rest when the semester ends? Should I switch to Sofwods every other day and do a full OPWOD in the middle of the week? Something else? I just don’t quite know what to do in order to achieve that balance.

I want to justify taking days off and not exercising. But I know that there are service men who have to push themselves everyday regardless of the strain it puts on their mind and body. All thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated Coach Mel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.