SUBSTITUTIONS

Forums Physical Training SUBSTITUTIONS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Morning!

Very embarrassing being 40 years old but I can’t jump rope!! I am way too uncoordinated. I tried singles and I look pretty silly. I am still practice where no one can see me but until then – what can I substitute for double unders (and singles for that matter)!

Also I am recovering from some elbow and wrist damage/sprains and killing my pull ups. Could I sub lat pull downs until my arm strength gets back to norm??

Thanks all

Todd,

You’re not alone. Just slog through the single unders. 3-1 is the ratio. So if the workout calls for 50 DU’s do 150 singles. Practice doing 1 DU to 1 Single. Don’t run from your weaknesses. You need to tackle them.

As for recovering from injury, you need to seek professional advice in person vs the web. We can’t advise you on sub’s for injuries for obvious reasons.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks coach! I have the info for my injury. Just wondering what is a good substitution for pull-ups? TRX supine pull ups?

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks coach! I have the info for my injury. Just wondering what is a good substitution for pull-ups? TRX supine pull ups?

Thanks again – just slowly made it through the first day of the basic training from the book! Tough but feel great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.