PST Scores

Forums PST Score Challenge PST Scores

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  James Salerno 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Ronald Cole
    Participant

1/30/2019
    New member, 40years, Hawthorne, CA

I got confused and performed the wrong PST Test. Instead of completing the one on the Training Standards page, I completed the one in the Bootcamp book where each exercise is timed for 1 minute with a 2-minute break. Here are the results from that assessment:

Push-ups= 40
    Sit-ups= 50
    Squats= 40
    Pull-ups= 10
    1 mile= 8:45

Should I just redo the PST for the 2-minute tests with 10-minute breaks? Or, can I go from here? If I can go from here, which WOD would you recommend? Gearing up for AOT in the future.

Thank you for your help.

Ron

Coach Mel

Nope that is fine and great job. Do the 2 min version of the PST in 2 weeks. I will be watching to see if you double your scores.

Ronald Cole
    Participant

Thank you. Will do

Ronald Cole
    Participant

Hi Coach Mel,

I performed another test. My results are humbling, and are as follows:

Push-ups= 48
    Sit-ups= 70
    Squats= 60
    Pull-ups= 13
    1 mile= 9:05

Not exactly what I wanted, but a good start. I was frustrated I didn’t reach 50 push-ups (3 shy), so I performed 33 more after my run for a total of 80. Next time I will exceed the benchmark.

Coach Mel

NIce work! Ahh those 3 reps! Your pull ups are great. It’s funny, you can never lay off the push ups or pull ups.. OR running!

Keep up the solid efforts Ronald!~

NICK GENTILE
    Participant

Excited to be a new member of the SEALFIT team!

Just started the program Monday (06/24/19).

First PST
    Push-ups: 70 (nose-to-floor)
    Sit-ups: 52 (hands touching shoulders)
    Air Squats: 67 (~90 degrees)
    Pull-ups: 27 (dead hang)
    Burpees: 21

Did durability before run… wasn’t sure if that was correct.

1 mile run: 6:02

Coach Mel

Great Job Nick, according to your PST score, you will want to be doing the OPWOD. Scale your weight accordingly. Do you have intentions to join the Mil?

NICK GENTILE
    Participant

Whenever I try to click the OPWOD link on the website nothing happens. I’ve tried it several times. I am moving from Cleveland, Ohio to Scottsdale, Arizona July 1st for graduate school. I am still considering becoming an Officer in the military. I get married in September, and it all depends on what events happen within the next 1.5 to 2 years. I am planning on attending the 20x on August 24th.

Coach Mel

Can you send an email to melanie@sealfit.com about this and I will forward it on to tech support. Great news on your marriage and aspirations! Did you register for the 20X yet?

NICK GENTILE
    Participant

I have not registered for it yet. I will be registering in the next couple of days after I get all my things packed for the move. I’m still between the 20x or 20xl. Also, if I order the plain white t-shirts from sealfit, do I need to get them stenciled myself?

Ronald Cole
    Participant

Hi Coach Mel,

I have made some improvement on my PST scores:

-Mile= 7:30
    -Push ups= 54
    -Squats= 75
    -Sit ups= 70
    -Pull ups= 15

Should I hang back and do another month of Basic/ OnRamp or should I progress onto Advanced Operator Training? Thank you for your input.

Ron

Ronald Cole
    Participant

Forgot to put @coach-mel

Coach Mel

YES Ronald, you are there!! start doing the OPWOD 2 times a week and the SOFWOD 2 times a week. Great job!

Ronald Cole
    Participant

Awesome! Will do, thanks. What benchmarks should I be striving for to prepare for Kokoro?

Coach Mel

PST – You will be tested for maximum reps and you MUST reach the following minimum standards:
    50 push-ups (40 for women): 2 minutes
    50 sit-ups (40 for women): 2 minutes
    50 air squats (40 for women): 2 minutes
    10 dead hang pull-ups (6 for women)
    1 mile run in boots and utility pants: 9.5 minutes

In addition to the PST you will be physically tested on how fast you can do MURPH. There is a 75 minute time cap.

MURPH (with weighted ruck in boots)
    1 mile run
    100 pullups
    200 pushups
    300 air squats
    1 mile run

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.