PST Scores

Forums PST Score Challenge PST Scores

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  James Salerno 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Pierre Descoteaux
    Participant

I did the testing again today but I was fresh. Not sore from the weeks training.
    Push ups: 59
    Sit ups: 62
    Squats: 93
    Pull ups: 21 ( not my best but I strained my left shoulder ice climbing last weekend and still had issues with overhead movements)
    Thanks to all for the motivation!
    Cheers

Coach Mel

Looking good Pierre. Look for slow methodical improvement on your PST now. Keep focused on the push ups and situps. What is your mile time?

Pierre Descoteaux
    Participant

Run time? I don’t have one recent enough to be worth mentioning… I should get on that! Thank you coach.

Jostein Saksen
    Participant

Hi

58 pushups in 2min.
    50 situps in 2 min.
    64 air squats in 2 min.
    10 pullups (the two last ones where not straight dead hang pullups)
    1 mile run in 11.15

The run was very very hard and i was totally dead after this session – the breaks between each exercise was short maybe 5 min.
    No i am ready for my daily woods, Onramp wod or Opwod – not sure?

Starting tomorrow!!!

Thank You…

Coach Mel

Hi Jostein,

Great job. Way to admit to those 2 last reps on your pull ups. Your numbers look good. You should be doing The Masters Wod or The Crossfit Wod. I would like you to choose the workout that has more running in it:) You knew I was going to say that! Your breaks between switching each move should only be 2 minutes rest. Stick to either of these two workouts 3-4 times a week for a month or 2. retest then.

Thanks

Coach Mel

Jostein Saksen
    Participant

Hi Mel!

I think The Masters Wod is the right one for me 🙂

Thanks

Jostein

Pierre Descoteaux
    Participant

Alright coach Mel, I ran 6Km in boots/pants. This isn’t a perfect 1 mile effort but I did make it at an average 7min 12sec per mile. I would have liked sub 7min per mile… Some more work to be done. I also ran 12.5Km in 57min slick 3 days ago. Cheers!

Coach Mel

Cheers and great job Pierre. Remember to head out on that mile at about 70% then race the last 1/2 mile in.

David Brock
    Participant

02/24/17 PST (Completed after a 1 hour TRX Tactical workout):

Push-ups: 76
    Sit-ups: 61
    Air squats: 90
    Dead hang pullups: 13
    1 mile run: 7:40

Coach Mel

Looking Good David! You should be training the OPWOD if your not already. All of your scores are solid. I am sure your situps would of looked a bit different without the tRX workout in front of your PST! Keep up the great work. Are you planning a trip to KOKORO?

Wesley Anding
    Participant

Here is my first PST score.
    Push ups – 62
    Sit ups – 63
    Air squats – 98
    Pull ups – 14
    1 mile – 6:29

I previously used to do SEALfit in 2011-2012. I mostly stuck to the SOFwods in 2011 and then the OPwods in 2012. I’m looking to do the SOFwods again as I’m looking to go into SOF in the next year around when I would finish my degree.

Coach Mel

Great Wesley, You will be ready. I think you’ve got a good course of action. Add in an OPWOD or 2 a week and your ready. Do you have interest in the KOKORO Camp as final test? We also offer a 24 hour event that is the same intensity, 20XL. FYI.

Let me know how I can help out.

Wesley Anding
    Participant

Thank you Coach Mel,

Would you recommend 3 days a week SOFwod and 2 OPwod with the weekly monster mash? One issue I have had is carrying weight for an extended period (i.e. rucking and farmers carries). I’m not necessarily slow but I do have a hard time maintaining the pace over a long period. Should I throw in rucking a couple times a week as a substitute for the monster mash?

I’ll look at the dates and see if I can afford one financially in the near future. I would like to attend as it seems like it would help me identify weak areas.

Thank you!

Coach Mel

HI Wesley, How far are you out before you try for your contract? YES, 2 Days OPwods, 2 Days SOF, 1 day heavy 6 plus mile ruck, 1 day Monster mash would be outstanding.

Let me know if the dates work, email me (melanie@sealfit) and I will try and get you a deal.

Wesley Anding
    Participant

Hi Coach Mel,
    It will likely be around this time next year but it will be likely a longer wait for a contract because I’m prior service. From every recruiter I have talked to they said to expect at least a 9 month wait if not longer.

I’ll talk to my wife and send you an email. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.