Nutrition

Forums Mobility and Recovery Nutrition

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Hey guys

Trying to fine tune my nutrition, I have read through the sealfit book and am on board with the paleo eating style. My question is how to determine my total caloric intake- BMR and total expenditure for training as well as the correct ratio of macronutrients. I have a current plan in place that has me at about 2600 cal a day with a ratio of 40c/30p/30f. any guidance you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks

Keith

Hey Keith.

Nutrition is so different for everyone. The guidelines are a baseline and you need to experiment with what works for your body.

The main key is eating as clean as possible and avoiding processed foods.

Good luck.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Coach Will!

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hey Keith,
    I just wanted to follow up with your progress. We have a nutritional expert at the facility, Coach Danielle. Please let us know how we can help.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Coach Mel,
    I would like to know how many calories to consume so I won’t be underfed. I am 6’3 196 and pretty lean. Doing onRamp for a few weeks and then MAsters. I haven’t done endurance work for a bit, so I have been at 2200 cals.

Thanks!

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff, I am going to turn this over to coach Danielle for her expert opinion as well. How many times a week are you doing SEALFIT? I think you will want to up your caloric intake by another 500 or so depending on the day. Also, it is really important to be eating protein and fats with tons of veggie carbs.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks so much Coach! I am going to be doing the on ramp program from 8 weeks 5 days a week, and then will do the M-F MastersWOD. Thanks for the tips! I do that, and enjoy a sweet potato post workout

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Jeff K,

This is a very open question. Without diving deeper into your health, activity, recovery and diet I am not able to give you specifics. I will say that 2200Kcal for a man your size may (Possibly) not be enough calories. But, it depends on the nutritional value of the calories you are taking in. It would not be responsible of me to recommend more or less with out more information on your health. We do have a personalized program and would be happy to help you design a program that would work for you and your current goals.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Coach Danielle. That sounds like a good idea. I will PM you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.