Murph Challenge

Forums Physical Training Murph Challenge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I did the Murph Challenge for the first time yesterday. Did not plan it to be on the anniversary of Operation red Wings, but it worked out that way and it made staying motivated throughout the challenge a lot easier.

I just finished my third month of SEALFit and was curious what kind of times for the Murph everyone had. I did my first on in 56:56.95. Not sure how that stacks up, but my goal was one hour and I got in under that!

Solid number Brian. Next time try to get under 50 min.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

44:22 was my murph time this year but I did it on the Saturday before Memorial Day and then on Memorial Day. 20 pound vest.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Great job brother.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Guys,
    I have the Murp set as one of my long term goals. concerning the 100 pullups – I my max was 25 pullups, after that I drop DRAMATICALLY to like 4 or five and the last rep is bad. The next set is maybe one or two with the last one being a probable no count. Meaning after three attempts I might be at roughly 1/3 of the pullup requirement.
    I have seen folks talk of doing a triple Murph and I am just struggling to understand how I might be able to complete all 100.
    The pushups and squats I can see, still not there yet, but can you help me with the pullups. How do you break them down and are we talking about strict pullups?
    I would appreciate anyone’s input here.
    How did you get there etc…and yes I know hard work.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Yes all strict pull-ups. So the easiest way I have done it and the way that I was told to do it was run the mile then 10 rounds of 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 30 squats, then the mile again. That way it allows yours arms to recover a little in between.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

There’s a baby muprhy too. Try that to start.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Brian,
    I have been doing 1/4 Murphs headed to half and so on. Thanks for the reply. And you have one of the funniest profile pics I’ve seen.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks man. There are life size rockem sockem robots in the north campus of espn. The first time I saw them I was like I bet that would be a great picture…

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

One thing that has helped me is something I call the “Murph Prep”, I do just the calisthenics, no run, no vest. I work on strict form for all 3 exercises and work on building up strength. It has helped me as my Murph Time is 44:00 + change with a vest and I’m 49.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.