lower back recovery

Forums Mobility and Recovery lower back recovery

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I guess its because im new to all the power clean, power snatch, dead lift, squat thrust etc exercises but im starting to feel mt lower back quite sore… Any suggestion as to how to alleviate the soreness? Any good stretches or messages that i can do to help my lower back?

THanks

1st your back shouldn’t be sore. You need to have someone critique your lifts and find out what is going wrong and lift less weight. Technique is far more important.

But now that you are sore. Try the “Legs up the wall” pose and lay off lifting heavy until you learn proper technique.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks Coach, however what other options do have for me.. I don’t have the means to pay a professional to critique my form.. What is “Legs up the wall” is there a video i can watch so i know the correct way of preforming this exercise?

Sure fire way to get feedback is to film yourself and ask for a critique on a forum…

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

sounds good,
    Do you mean i can post here on this forum? if so, i don’t see an option to attach a video file. how do we do this? If not on this forum which ones do you suggest?

Thanks

post on youtube and paste the link on the forum.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I will be looking for a time to meet with you or one of the coaches at HQ in person. I feel it will benefit me more doing it this way. The investment will be worth it! Thanks for all your responses.

SEALFIT Online
    Keymaster

Hey, watch the video of Coach Lance going through his favorite stretches. A few of those will help your back.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

yes i started doing some of those stretches.. Im still waiting on a response from HQ to see when i can come in and meet with one of you guys to get my form reviewed and make sure im doing it correctly and tips on ON ram WODS.

thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.