felt a pop from below calf muscle!

Forums Mobility and Recovery felt a pop from below calf muscle!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Coaches!
    This morning after doing hill sprints i felt a popping just below my right calf muscle.. My question is how do i know if its my flexor Digitorom longus muscle ( muscles below calf and under achilles tendon) or my Achilles tendon that was injured? I could still walk on it but cannot push off of it .. Say if i were to get on my tippee toes i couldn’t. What further steps do you suggest i take next? I need to heal asap, i have a race coming up and need to start training soon.. Please help!

In advanced thank you!

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

OUch! Well, typically this would put you out for a good 6 weeks weather it was an achilles or DLM.
    Don’t stretch it! Stay off of it and do the ice -heat rotations. I am not sure which muscle it is but will ask around and see what I find out.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

OK, Sounds like a calf tear due to the incapability to raise on your toes. You must not re aggravate that calf . You will need anywhere from 4- 8 weeks to repair. You should stay off of it for a solid 72 hours… crutches. See a doctor.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thought so, Darn.. Coach Mel thank you for your prompt response.. really appreciate it. I will do the suggestions.
    thanks again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.