Difference in WODs

Forums Physical Training Difference in WODs

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

What is the difference between the OPWOD, Master’s WOD, and On Ramp WOD? I used to do SEALFIT for years until about a year ago, and have just restarted. I’m not seeing a difference in those three WODs and was wondering if there was some special instructions between those WODs that I’m not tracking.

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi ,

The difference is basically scaling and load between the OpWOD and Masters. The On Ramp is a beginning program if you are just starting out. I believe we had a glitch last week and that maybe why you saw all 3 WODS were the same.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

What about the SOFWOD. Do you start with this workout and work your way up to the onramp wod?

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I would also like to know if there is a general estimated time for completing each of the WODs. I have been trying to do them at lunch and at my current fitness level it would probably take an hour 40 to 2 hours to do all of the WOD to the letter.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

HI Tony,

Typically and OPWOD will take 2-2.5 hours. If you know the movements pretty well and are ready to jam through it you can get it done in 2 hours.

I hope that helps out.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Patrick,

Onramp is the very beginning programming. SOFWOD is intended for Spec OPs training and heavily programmed toward endurance, stamina, and body weight.

I hope that helps

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

Who should be doing OPWODs and who should be doing SOFWODs? If I am training for SFAS, which of these is better for me?

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

Hi Kallan,

You should be doing both if you can! 3 OPWODS and 2 SOFWODS a week.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I’m just starting out. When would one transition from the onramp to the other wods?

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

A slow start is best. Transfer over to the OPWODS after at least a month or 2 of the onramp and then only do the OPWODS twice a week for a while but keep the Onramp going 2 days as well.

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

I am just getting started and was wondering if it is better to start with onramp or sealfit basic in the book.

My goal is to do sealfit 3 days per week M-W-F to supplement MTB racing. Would this provide decent balance each week?

Is there day specific emphasis i.e. Monday’s are leg heavy, Wednesday’s are Met Con heavy? or are they random?

Richard Vernetti
    Keymaster

If you are familiar with the movements we use and you understand proper technique, you can start on the Onramp WODs. If you are unfamiliar with the movements I would start with the book. Your schedule depends on what your goals are, that would work but it’s always good to reasses after a month or two.

Jeffrey Lynds
    Participant

If I have done boot camp, where do i go now? Is onramp the same as the book i now own? is it videos like boot camp was? Sorry I am just confused on how to progress

Dr j

Coach Mel
    Keymaster

HI DR J,
    The Onramp is a little different than the Bootcamp. You will need access to a gym to do this training. You can access SEALFIT Online through your membership and see a daily workout. Can you see this page when you click this link?

On Ramp – Friday 6/22/18

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.